Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HeihoSilver
Frequent Visitor

Reshare Permission Issue

Hi,

I'm producing a report in premium capacity workspace and 'reshare' it with my colleagues.

I received a feedback that one of them didn't have the permission required, even though I have reshared it with them. Tried to remove and re-add but still the same.

Please see the attachment for the error message.

What could possibly go wrong here?Permission IssuePermission Issue

Thanks and regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @HeihoSilver ,

Yes, to share/reshare or other interact with the report, the person has to have a PRO license as well.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeihoSilver ,

In other words, you are the administrator of the workspace.

You shared the report with your colleague and gave him the ‘Reshare’ permission, but he can not reshare, right?

Please refer to this.

Lost the permission to reshare this report 

Or you try to share it again with your colleagues.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lionel-msft ,

Thank you for the response. I guess I need to upgrade to a newer workspace version.

Just wonder before upgrading, I change the person I "reshare" as admin in the workspace. He got a new message that he needs to have a Pro license to reshare.

Is this true that any user must have Pro license even if he got the "reshare" permission?

Will it be the same case after upgrading the workspace?

Best regards,

HI @HeihoSilver ,

Yes, to share/reshare or other interact with the report, the person has to have a PRO license as well.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors