Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahmedmasu
Regular Visitor

Requirement Gathering for Power BI

Our company is trying to add Power BI in its line of offerings, we have one customer who is looking for PBI dashboard & reports.
We know the complete life cycle of PBI content but need help of Power BI community for getting exact requirements from the client. I want to know if there is any set of questions or anything in general that we need to ask clients to lock the scope of work.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ASHOKKPIN
Resolver I
Resolver I

@ahmedmasu PowerBI is a great Self Service tool. Where we have been most successful is where we ditch the whole "Requirement document" process and give the users access to the data - create basic relationships and publish and ahave the users go to town with all the visuals.  You will realize that the time spent on creating documents would be well spent on creating some templates in powerBI,

It will be iterative, you will realize that you dont have all the data necessary for all business needs and go back and enhance your model. 

Developing this in an agile way would be the easiest path for success for your business.

View solution in original post

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ahmedmasu,

Here are some general and frequently asked questions about Power BI. Hope it could help!Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ahmedmasu,

Here are some general and frequently asked questions about Power BI. Hope it could help!Smiley Happy

Regards

ASHOKKPIN
Resolver I
Resolver I

@ahmedmasu PowerBI is a great Self Service tool. Where we have been most successful is where we ditch the whole "Requirement document" process and give the users access to the data - create basic relationships and publish and ahave the users go to town with all the visuals.  You will realize that the time spent on creating documents would be well spent on creating some templates in powerBI,

It will be iterative, you will realize that you dont have all the data necessary for all business needs and go back and enhance your model. 

Developing this in an agile way would be the easiest path for success for your business.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors