Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Required to Upgrade to Power BI PRO while having the license

Hi!

One of my clients is getting problems while trying to visualize one of our informs in Power BI. The area is not premium, but he has the Power BI PRO license conceded by the org and, if you look at his "My Account" details, it says so. 

Instead, when trying to access our Power BI, it appears a message asking him to upgrade to PRO.

cuenta gratuita.PNGlicense.PNGpower bi pro.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>Instead, when trying to access our Power BI, it appears a message asking him to upgrade to PRO.

What did you mean 'access our Power BI'? Did you share report or app to external user? Would you please explain more about your issue that we may reproduce it? Check if the user account and your account have the same suffix.

For example, aaa@microsoft.com and bbb@microsoft.com.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you confirm that the user is an external user in your Azure Active Directory. And that you have used this same account to share your report with the user?

If that is the case it should not prompt them for a Power BI Pro license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ 

How can I check if he is in the same Azure Active Directory? I guess yes because he is from the same org. We have unique accounts so yes I used the same account to share the link

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors