Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting report access goes to all workspace members? HELP

I had a user click a button to request access to a report in Power BI online. It sent the access request email out to everyone who is a member in the workspace, not just the owner. Is there a way to change this?

It looks like because when I shared it with other users, it set them as Owner as well. Is there a way to change it to just viewer or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft  That makes sense, but I only know how to edit those workspace settings in the old workspaces. This one is the "Improved workspace"  unless there's a way I can change it back? I can't find that setting.

*edit - nevermind, it looks like I have to wait until general availability of Improved Workspaces to get a View Only option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, If you have set below condition:

Members can edit PowerBI content

Whatever the roles of the members(Member or Admin), they could view and edit the report.

If you have set this condition:

Members can only view Power BI content

The Admin role could view and edit the report and the Member role could only view the report.

So could you please check the setting in your app workspace:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft  That makes sense, but I only know how to edit those workspace settings in the old workspaces. This one is the "Improved workspace"  unless there's a way I can change it back? I can't find that setting.

*edit - nevermind, it looks like I have to wait until general availability of Improved Workspaces to get a View Only option.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest looking into the App Workspace settings and see what the member settings are set to?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors