Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports shared from "My Workspace"

Since Monday, few my users are facing an issue to access the report that are shared from "My Workspace".

When they go to "Shared with me folder" and click on the report that they need to access, they are getting a pop-up message stating "Upgrade to Pro". 

I see there are few issues listed on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

But, the issue I am having is not listed there. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From this article, you can see:

With sharing, whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you need a Power BI Pro license. Your recipients also need Power BI Pro licenses, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity.

In your scenario, as these report is coming from your My Workspace, the recipients require Pro license to view these reports. I guess their Pro trial have expired, you can contact your IT admin to purchase Pro and assign license to them. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft: I am sorry, when was this rule changed? 

Last time I remember was, we do not need PRO license for recipients when I share a report from "My Workspace".

I need Pro license for recipient if I share a report from a workspace that is created and not on premium capacity. 

Few of my users are able to access the same report without any issue, only few have this problem.

No one of them have Pro license. 

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you assigned the premium capacity for the "May Workspace"? If not, then recipients consume the report from your My Workspace needs PRO license.

As you mentioned some of users can access the report but others couldn't, please check which license they are having. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yash,

You might need to check that your users, the one's you are having issues with, was on a pro trail version, and the user might have his / her pro trail expired, hence asking for pro licence to be purshased, once pro trail expire they get the error. 

If the content of Power BI you are sharing with is of a pro nature,  users must have pro power bi license.

Not sure if below is complete list, but will give you an idea.

https://pbiwebprod-docs.azurewebsites.net/hr-hr/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-i...

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ahsan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors