Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yossifisch
Advocate I
Advocate I

Reports not showing on service but showing in the app

I have reports that I am constanly updating (manually) on Desktop and viewing it on other computers on the Windows 10 App.

Occasionaly I would open the report online in the service and they all worked fine.

Lately, the admin in my company signed up for Office 365 (for 1 user, not myself). this was the first time my company's domain was used to purchase a Microsoft product.

Now when I sign in to the Power BI service online, I don't see any reports.

Desktop and app are still syncing properly.

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@yossifisch

After you sign in to PBI Service, can you see a Power BI Archived Workspace in the left navigation? If yes, you may find your reports there. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-power-bi-archived-workspace.

Best Regards,
Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

1) There is no Archived Workspace in the navigation.

2) Our admin never chose to take control of my Power BI account. In fact, he didn't touch anything in PowerBI settings.

What could've happenned here is that since he signed up for Office 365, another employee signed up for the free PowerBI and since there is an Admin account on this domain, that account was assigned to managed by the Admin which also trigerred my account to be managed there.

yossifisch
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is what happenned just now:

I manually updated the report in Desktop, clicked Publish and, as it does from time to time, it asked me to log in again.

Once I did, it started uploading without asking me if I want to replace the existing report with the same name (as it usually does).

Now when I log in to the service, my report is there but with a new link.

When I open the App and click to sync, I get an error "Service not available - please try again later".

So I log out and log back in - same user name, same password - and this one report that I just updated is there. Everything else is lost.

It's clear to me that when my administrator bought the Office 365, my credentials were somehow altered by Microsoft and everything that was associated with my account from before that point was deleted even though the actual user name and password stayed exactly the same.

I hope someone from Microsoft reads this and takes it as serious as it should be taken.

Hi @yossifisch

I would suggest checking what your Office 365 Admin did, as I have seen instances when an Office 365 Admin starts with a new tenant and things change or even possibly go missing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @yossifisch

I would check to make sure that the domain that you signed in with, and the domain that your Office 365 Admin signed in with are identical?

It would appear to me that they are different, that is why you cannot see anything when you log in?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ 

I am signing in with the same email adress (therefore, same domain) that I use on Desktop and on the App. This is the same email address I always used.

I was the first on this domain to have any Microsoft account, using only the free PowerBI. Our administrator just signed up for office 365 for a OneDrive account with his own email address. Now my email address is hosiwng up in the Office 365 admin portal as a user who is assigned a free PowerBI license.

But since that happenned, I can't see my reports in the service online. Only in Desktop and in the App. Is there something that the admin may need to enable for me?

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to this issue, Microsoft is not responding to my admin's service request.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors