Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rolf1994
Helper II
Helper II

Reports do not show data after sharing in a group workspace

Hello,

I have shared a report in a group workspace and everything seems to work just fine for the admin but the members in the group with whom i have shared my reports are not able to see the data. 

This problem seems to only occur when selecting the privacy option: "Members can only view Power-BI content". When using the option: "Members can edit Power BI content" all members are able to see all data. 

Is anyone else having this problem? And is there a way to fix this while keeping the privacy option at: "Members can only view Power-BI content"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@rolf1994

Have you implemented Row Level Security for your dataset?

I have reproduced this issue when I set Row Level Security for my dataset and don't add the members in the group to any of roles, then read-only members will not be able to see the data. Editable members can still see the data because Row Level Security roles only apply to read-only members. See more details here.

If that is the case, please make sure you have added all read-only members into the corresponding roles, then they should be able to see the data.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@rolf1994

Have you implemented Row Level Security for your dataset?

I have reproduced this issue when I set Row Level Security for my dataset and don't add the members in the group to any of roles, then read-only members will not be able to see the data. Editable members can still see the data because Row Level Security roles only apply to read-only members. See more details here.

If that is the case, please make sure you have added all read-only members into the corresponding roles, then they should be able to see the data.

Regards

It is working now, thanks a lot! 

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rolf1994 In my experience when setting is "Members can only view power bi content" and a report is shared to the group workspace all members can see dashboard and report but not dataset. Admin can see all three. Are you sure people you want to show this report are atleast members of the group workspace.

Everyone is able to see the dashboards and reports on the left side but when they open a dashboard or report all they see is errors and no data, when setting is "Members can only view power bi content". When setting is "Members can edit Power BI content" everyone can see all the data and everything works fine. I have no idea why this is happening. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors