Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danwscott
Frequent Visitor

Reports are refreshing with new data, but the dashboard hasn't for about a week now.

Our reports are refreshing with new data daily, but the dashboard hasn't for about a week now (since the 13th, actually).

5 REPLIES 5
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@danwscott Try uploading the source file (pbix/excel) again. Even I faced a similar problem. Re-uploading the same help me resolved the issue. Might be this is because of the updates going on in Power BI services.

alaeddin14
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @danwscott

1. Did your dashboard refresh normally before the 13th Jul?
  2. How do u know that the report has refreshed with the new data?
  3. What is your data source?
  4. If the data source is on-prem, are you sure the Gateway is configured properly and successfully runningat the time of the refresh?  

Alaeddin

@alaeddin14:

1. Both our dashboard and the reports updated daily before the 13th.

2. I can compare results in the report with running MDX (or simply browsing) against the tabular model.

3. Our data source is a tabular model on our premises.

4. I can't say for sure about the gateway, but clearly the reports are able to read new data daily, and I would expect the dashboard would be able to properly display that updated report.

@ashishrj:

Thanks, but our data source is not excel, but rather a tabular model on premises, and there is no pbix file as the reports and dashboard were designed entirely on the Power BI site.

Hey danwscott,

I tested this out this morning and the refresh took about 30 minutes to the dashboard, but it was a really small update. If you haven't see this, the following is straight from the troubleshooting site (link below)

Connector installed successfully and reports work, but tiles don't get updated:

1. Power BI automatically updates report tiles connected to an Analysis Services server. The update frequency is every 10 minutes.
  2. Check you're able to open the report and see latest data.
  3. Check if you're able to pin the visual from Report and check if the latest data is showing in the tile on the dashboard.
  4. Start SQL Profiler and check if there are queries being sent to the Analysis Services tabular database.

If you've followed all these steps and are still having problems, click  in the main Power BI page, then click Contact Support. Send us:

• Any logs that are generated during installation, if there were errors.
  • Any error messages you’re seeing (including the Technical Details) during configuration.
  • Any errors that appear under Data Management Gateway in Event Viewer.
  • Any ‘Audit Failure’ events in the Windows Security log related to the account you’re using to connect to Analysis Services.
  • Any errors you see in SQL Profiler while trying to connect from Power BI

Link to Trouble Shooting Site

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

My dashboard just updated.  As I have done nothing to cause it to do so, I presume some change was made on Microsoft's end.

Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors