Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SudhirNune
Frequent Visitor

Reports Streaming Dataset

Observed 2 limitations on the POwer Bi Reports created on Streaming Dataset

1. When we create Report on PowerBI.com, you can not download the Report to PBIX format.

2. When we used desktop to connect to Streaming Data set, we  can not add any other Data sets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SudhirNune,

The 2 is already listed in the article which I mentioned in previous post. It's not a limitation only for steaming dataset, all dataset connected via Power BI service data sources will be applied. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vissvess
Helper V
Helper V

Is this limitation of connecting other datasets with a streaming data set still there after introduction of 'Direct query over power bi dataset' in last releasee of power bi.?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SudhirNune,

1. It's a limitation that the report created in Power BI service can't be downloaded as a pbix file, see from this article

• The report must have originated from Power BI Desktop and been published to the Power BI service, or the .pbix must have been uploadedto the service.

2. This is also a limitation when get data from Power BI service dataset, see from this article

• Since this is a live connection, left-navigation and modeling are disabled, similar to the behavior when connected to SQL Server Analysis Services.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Yes I agree, I am aware of this, I wanted to add this 2 to the limitation list on Streaming Data Reporintg of Power BI

Hi @SudhirNune,

The 2 is already listed in the article which I mentioned in previous post. It's not a limitation only for steaming dataset, all dataset connected via Power BI service data sources will be applied. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors