Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

flanshaw
Helper I
Helper I

Reporting failed refreshes - whole organisation

Anyone know how we can find out on a daily basis the status of all our refreshes and which reports they're affecting. After using PBI + premium for a few years, we often find out that refreshes arent working. Individuals who setup the refreshes are being notified, but they're not always around .

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You can use the Power BI APIs to run daily and extract the information from the refreshes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

You can also setup a Microsoft Flow for the people who create the refreshes so that when it comes into their Inbox it can then be distributed to an email distribution list of users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You can use the Power BI APIs to run daily and extract the information from the refreshes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

You can also setup a Microsoft Flow for the people who create the refreshes so that when it comes into their Inbox it can then be distributed to an email distribution list of users.

Power BI Blog

thanks @GilbertQ

We've used this on ther blog posts to now create a MS flow, that queries our whole PBI setup using these APIs, (groups, then datasets) get the very last refresh status  and for any that are NOT completed, populates a SQL table with the detail. Then have a seperate PBI dashboard lookin at this data for the DW team to then action.. we think its pretty cool

Would love to share, but not sure how ?

That is really great, and if you could share it that would be awesome.

If you would like I could work with you to share this, you will get full credit 🙂

Just send me a message and we can go from there.

Power BI Blog

Hey, this shows the two screenshots of the overview.

second apply to eachsecond apply to eachStart of flowStart of flowSecond apply to eachSecond apply to each

Hey, this shows the two screenshots of the overview.

second apply to eachsecond apply to eachStart of flowStart of flowSecond apply to eachSecond apply to each

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors