cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
flanshaw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Reporting failed refreshes - whole organisation

Anyone know how we can find out on a daily basis the status of all our refreshes and which reports they're affecting. After using PBI + premium for a few years, we often find out that refreshes arent working. Individuals who setup the refreshes are being notified, but they're not always around .

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Reporting failed refreshes - whole organisation

Hi there

You can use the Power BI APIs to run daily and extract the information from the refreshes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

You can also setup a Microsoft Flow for the people who create the refreshes so that when it comes into their Inbox it can then be distributed to an email distribution list of users.
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You can use the Power BI APIs to run daily and extract the information from the refreshes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

You can also setup a Microsoft Flow for the people who create the refreshes so that when it comes into their Inbox it can then be distributed to an email distribution list of users.
flanshaw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thanks @GilbertQ

We've used this on ther blog posts to now create a MS flow, that queries our whole PBI setup using these APIs, (groups, then datasets) get the very last refresh status  and for any that are NOT completed, populates a SQL table with the detail. Then have a seperate PBI dashboard lookin at this data for the DW team to then action.. we think its pretty cool

Would love to share, but not sure how ?

Super User
Super User

That is really great, and if you could share it that would be awesome.

If you would like I could work with you to share this, you will get full credit Smiley Happy

Just send me a message and we can go from there.
flanshaw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hey, this shows the two screenshots of the overview.

PBI Refresh status - flow pic2.PNGsecond apply to eachPBI Refresh status - flow pic1.PNGStart of flowPBI Refresh status - flow pic2.PNGSecond apply to each

flanshaw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hey, this shows the two screenshots of the overview.

PBI Refresh status - flow pic2.PNGsecond apply to eachPBI Refresh status - flow pic1.PNGStart of flowPBI Refresh status - flow pic2.PNGSecond apply to each