Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SebKaliVith
Regular Visitor

Report with dropdown lists

Hello everybody,

I come back here because you brought me a lot of solutions to my last thread.

The PowerBI tool is just amazing and i'am pleased to more understanding this tool.

I have a question about the dropdown lists in PowerBI.

Here is my situation :

I am working on a report i will publish to allow a huge number of user without PBI account to access my report.

My report will be consumed exclusively by mobile. (i.e. the published report will always be open with a mobile phone).

I decided to add a dropdown list in my report, because, for a large numer of items, i think it's the better to improve the mobile-user experience.

So, when i click on the arrow to show the differents items of my dropdown list (created with the visual "slicer"), the user select an item.

dropdownlist doesn't close.JPG

But when the item is chosen, the dropdown list doesn't close automatically, and the user has to click somewhere else on the report to close the dropdown list !

I precise that the visual is set to accept only the selection of one item.

I think this functionment is decreasing the mobile-user experience ; an additionnal click is needed to show the report, and i would like to reduce the number of click.

I would like to know :

is there a way to automatically close the dropdown list after choosing an item ?

Is there other visual allowing dropdown list filter ?

I found an other dropdown list in the PowerBi store (SmartFilter by OKViz) but it has a big inconvenient : the area under this dropdown list can't be access, and i loose a part to much important of the area of my report with this visual ...

Thanks

Regards,

SKV

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SebKaliVith,

I try to reproduce your scenario, you create a Dropdown slicer as follows, do you mean you have to click somewhere else on the board, the list will dispear as the second screenshot shown, right? If it is, you can click the arrow highlighted in black circle in screenhot. You can close the list. It list can't be closed automatically without any operation.

screenshot1screenshot1   screenshot2screenshot2
>>Is there other visual allowing dropdown list filter?

Except the SmartFilter by OKViz, I can't find a better custom visual after research.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors