Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PatrickCote

Report with Active directory User

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new to Power BI and I have a question about AD reporting. I'd like to create some reports about AD users like:

• Users created by month
  • Users with password never expire
  • Users enable/disable
  • etc.

For now, I can connect to AD, load the user table (is it the good one??) and after that.....i'm stuck!!

Can you please help?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Vikram001
Regular Visitor

I have created AD Report in Power 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PatrickCote,

You can connect to Active Directory from Power  BI Desktop following the instructions in this blog, load user table and computer table into Desktop.

In addition, here is similar thread about how get AD attributes in Power BI for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi! I Hope this is still an active thread. I'm trying to read Azure Active Directory through PowerBI (and PowerAPPS), but am not sure which user rights i need from my IT department. I want to read the rights per user on:

- the name of the mailbox

- the names of the mailboxes connected through groups

- the meta data per user and group

WITHOUT ACTUALLY GETTING ACCESS TO THEIR MAILBOXES.

hope you can help. 

I found Active Directory, but had concerns about seeing a field called "password". Is there any security issue with using Active Directory. I am assuming the password is encrypted or not visible.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi, @PatrickCote

You are in the right place.  After that it's lots of exploring and expanding the various column headers to find what you need.

You can click the white part of a "record" cell to view a preview at the bottom of the page which I find helpful.

At the end of the exercise, you'll be more comfortable using the Query Editor.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors