cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidhinckley Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Report visuals not updating after manual refresh

I have a report on Power BI online that is not updating when I publish. This is a manual, not automated update.

1. In the Desktop version, my data looks right. I have trending graphs that include the most recent week's data.
  2. I click on Publish, choose the appropriate workspace, and the wait for 40 seconds or so while the file is published
  3. I click on the link to open the dashboard in Power BI
  4. The online dashboard pops right up in report view in the expected workspace, but with yesterday's data
  5. I click up one level on the breadcrumbs and go to my datasets for this workspace, and the dataset for this file shows it updated when I published

Why might my data not be updating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Report visuals not updating after manual refresh

@v-yuezhe-msft, this wasn't a gateway-related issue. There was no gateway associated with the dataset. It was just a manual refresh.

This has been resolved.

This may have been an issue with the Desktop version. When I came in the next morning, the Desktop version had somehow reverted to a pre-refresh state (which doesn't seem possible, since I had to save the file each of the many times I tried to publish it). When I refreshed the data, resaved, and published, the updates reflected on the Power BI site.

So for anyone else experiencing this issue, I would recommend rebooting, opening up the Desktop version to see whether the previous data refresh hasn't stuck, and republishing.

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@davidhinckley,

What is your data source? Have you added the data source within gateway if it is a on-premises data source? Also please check the information in the refresh history of your dataset in Power BI Service and post the information here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft, this wasn't a gateway-related issue. There was no gateway associated with the dataset. It was just a manual refresh.

This has been resolved.

This may have been an issue with the Desktop version. When I came in the next morning, the Desktop version had somehow reverted to a pre-refresh state (which doesn't seem possible, since I had to save the file each of the many times I tried to publish it). When I refreshed the data, resaved, and published, the updates reflected on the Power BI site.

So for anyone else experiencing this issue, I would recommend rebooting, opening up the Desktop version to see whether the previous data refresh hasn't stuck, and republishing.

Maria-Rosa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have similar problem.

I have my reports in desktop version, then i publish them and share with 4 users, but 1 user can't see my update report, he only see the report with past information that i published yesterday.

One temporal solution was delete my report and aigain publish it and share it.

Please your help. Thanks.