Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report visuals not updating after manual refresh

I have a report on Power BI online that is not updating when I publish. This is a manual, not automated update.

1. In the Desktop version, my data looks right. I have trending graphs that include the most recent week's data.
  2. I click on Publish, choose the appropriate workspace, and the wait for 40 seconds or so while the file is published
  3. I click on the link to open the dashboard in Power BI
  4. The online dashboard pops right up in report view in the expected workspace, but with yesterday's data
  5. I click up one level on the breadcrumbs and go to my datasets for this workspace, and the dataset for this file shows it updated when I published

Why might my data not be updating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft, this wasn't a gateway-related issue. There was no gateway associated with the dataset. It was just a manual refresh.

This has been resolved.

This may have been an issue with the Desktop version. When I came in the next morning, the Desktop version had somehow reverted to a pre-refresh state (which doesn't seem possible, since I had to save the file each of the many times I tried to publish it). When I refreshed the data, resaved, and published, the updates reflected on the Power BI site.

So for anyone else experiencing this issue, I would recommend rebooting, opening up the Desktop version to see whether the previous data refresh hasn't stuck, and republishing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What is your data source? Have you added the data source within gateway if it is a on-premises data source? Also please check the information in the refresh history of your dataset in Power BI Service and post the information here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft, this wasn't a gateway-related issue. There was no gateway associated with the dataset. It was just a manual refresh.

This has been resolved.

This may have been an issue with the Desktop version. When I came in the next morning, the Desktop version had somehow reverted to a pre-refresh state (which doesn't seem possible, since I had to save the file each of the many times I tried to publish it). When I refreshed the data, resaved, and published, the updates reflected on the Power BI site.

So for anyone else experiencing this issue, I would recommend rebooting, opening up the Desktop version to see whether the previous data refresh hasn't stuck, and republishing.

Hi,

I have similar problem.

I have my reports in desktop version, then i publish them and share with 4 users, but 1 user can't see my update report, he only see the report with past information that i published yesterday.

One temporal solution was delete my report and aigain publish it and share it.

Please your help. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors