Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Report visuals not rendering in PowerBI Service

Hello

I created a report in PowerBI Desktop and published it. After the publish everything works fine. But after the first data refresh the report visuals are not rendered anymore (see printscreen).

- If I edit the report in the browser and add a new visual it is not rendered either

- I can confirm that the datasource provides the data: I can create a new report and it is rendered correctly. Also "View Insights" on the datasource works fine.

- Datasource is an SQL Azure Database

I made the report publicy available.  When you watch carefully you might see that the visuals actually are being displayed for a fraction of a second before turning empty.

BTW: This report ist meant to be a demo report to demonstrate the capabilities to potential customers. 

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks alot

JJ

BlankReport.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Issue is solved, I hope for good. The report is rendered as desired now. I have not made any relevant changes though. I have no idea what caused the issue. Nevermind if it stays like this... Man Very Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DoubleJ In my experience when report is rendered for a fraction of a second and then goes blank is due to caching and it goes blank beause RLS (row level security) is implemented on report which doesn't return any rows. Have you checked that RLS is not enabled in the report.

@ankitpatira thanks for your advise! I haven't used RLS yet. I have not set up any roles:

RLSRLS

Did you think of that? 

Still... when I publish the report it is displayed correctly but after the first data refresh all the visuals go blank. Any further idea?

@DoubleJ i haven't come across this before. only other way i can think of is if there is an issue with power bi service and since data refresh is not delta but full when you refresh all the data is getting wiped out but then checking this page here power bi service does not have any known issues.

can you use directquery and publish it that way. 

I cannot change to direct query as this option is grayed out

datasource.PNG

Issue is solved, I hope for good. The report is rendered as desired now. I have not made any relevant changes though. I have no idea what caused the issue. Nevermind if it stays like this... Man Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors