Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Report visuals missing

OK, we have seen this several times in the past week.  Really becoming an issue with adoption of the tool. 

I have a report, published some time ago, that is in a published App and the charts are no longer appearing.  The report in the workspace does have the visuals and they do display just fine.  This is all in the service.  I've tried several browsers on my machine, contacted several different users, etc.  The report contains only standard visuals, no custom ones. 

Next step is to delete the report from the app, the workspace and republish from the start.

Has anyone experienced this?

missingvisual.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I connected with a support rep yesterday and they somehow resolved my issue.  I was told its a known bug with the service that they can replicate and fix on their side.  I sent a few screengrabs, connected on Skype, screen shared for maybe 3-5 minutes and he said he had fixed it for me.  I hit refresh and all has been working fine since. 

I'm sorry I dont know the technical details.  But if you havent already submit a support ticket.  Assuming you're a pro user you'll receive help quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

We have a smiliar issue but unfortunately none of the suggested fixes worked.  Our content displays if accessed through the content pack.  But as soon as you try to access it through the app it shows as being totally blank, just an empty white page.  Oddly enough it will run "quick insights" on the data despite not being able to actually view it.

We've tried several things, deleting and republishing, renaming, even rebuilding the desktop file and publishing that.  It always comes back as an empty white page.  I suspect theres a problem with the service we arent aware of as I see many other similar comments. 

That is unfortunate.  A MS individual marked the inital post where I described how we had to delete and republish the report as the solution.  While that worked that is not really the point here.  Reports that are on the service and unchanged should not all of the sudden stop working.  And as you indicated it appears that at least in some case just deleting and republishing is not working.

I issued a ticket and am working with a support rep on a resolution.  I can recreate the bug at will so I'm going to demo via screenshare later today and hopefully something comes out of that. 

Scott, keep me posted.  Interested to hear the outcome.

I connected with a support rep yesterday and they somehow resolved my issue.  I was told its a known bug with the service that they can replicate and fix on their side.  I sent a few screengrabs, connected on Skype, screen shared for maybe 3-5 minutes and he said he had fixed it for me.  I hit refresh and all has been working fine since. 

I'm sorry I dont know the technical details.  But if you havent already submit a support ticket.  Assuming you're a pro user you'll receive help quickly.

Thanks Scott.  I really appreciate the followup post.

Running PowerBI desktop as admin and then loading the report worked to fix the issue for me

alaga

Hi!

I've been experiencing this problem over the last week or so as well, specifically with custom PNG files and a custom slicer. Everything appears correctly in the workspace, but is not appearing consistently in the App. I've tried clearing caches and changing filters in the reports and re-updating (per the message on the Support site last week, see below), but neither action has consistently fixed the App reports.

Some users may be unable to re-publish reports to Premium Capacity workspaces that are hosted in the West Europe and North Central US regions. As a workaround, affected users should interact with the report (change filter, slicer, etc) and republish (from the Power BI service or the Desktop App) and republish. Engineers have developed a fix and we will provide a deployment ETA shortly. next update @ 9/14/18 at 1:00pm PDT.

I had hoped the engineer update would fix the problem, but it did not.

Did deleting and re-publishing the reports fix the problem for you?

Cheers!

Hi alaga,

Deleting and republishing the reports did fix it in my case.  I found that removing the report from the App, republishing the App without the report, then republishing the App with the report was not enough to correct the issue.  Deleting the report from the workspace and republishing the report back to the workspace then reestablising the refresh schedules for those reports doing import did work.

We are not premium.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi eskyline,

Where does these disappeared custom visual come from? Power bi service support the certified custom visual which come from the APP store, but may not support other custom visual. Could you show some snapshots of custom visuals in power bi desktop?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Jimmy,

None of the visuals on these reports are custom visuals.  We have already seen the issues wiht some of those on other reports so we really try to ensure we don't use these unless it is completly necessary.  Additinally for this report I've verified that no custom visuals exist in the visuals toolbox in the Power BI Desktop and/or when editing the report directly in the service (just ot be sure there is not some remenant of custom visuals in the meta data for the report).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors