Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RSSapre
Frequent Visitor

Report visuals behavior changed in service without change in published report

I noticed that the simple visuals such as column stack or guage behaving differently with Dec 2020  version of desktop that is available on Power BI.com

In my visuals I display measures for plan and actuals

Suddenly, I found while using Power BI service, that , chart visual is not displaying Actuals. Table visual shows both.

Upon investigation, I found that it is due to dynamic title. If I remove dynamic title, visual works fine in desktop and service.

In another case, it was dynamic data color, the guage started displaying different number for the target.

Is this a new bug that got introduced in Dec 2020 version. How do we know what version the service uses?

Thanks,

RS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @RSSapre,

that sounds like a bug to me. 

I suggest you file a support ticket, which is free if you have a Pro account. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @RSSapre ,

The service always uses the latest version. It's moreover like the versions are only for desktop and ervices is cloud which will show all published information.

Moreover, in your scenario, this seems to be a bug.

You can raise ticket with MS Support for confirmation. Link

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @RSSapre,

that sounds like a bug to me. 

I suggest you file a support ticket, which is free if you have a Pro account. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors