Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acerNZ
Helper III
Helper III

Report view: Visualisation of Cards as static & publishing question

Hi Experts

I created in the report view, I have some card visualizations. Please can I make this cards which are like Totals and other sub totals static and always displaying instead of getting filtered based on my selection in other chart visualization.

I have disabled, cross reference etc but that has no impact 

2. I published report via workspace and email ID to share. I changed the alignment in the my main reports and refreshed in the published link report (Sent to myself). I am not having the latest view in the published view. I want my published view to be dynamic wrt to data and reports, please advice. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Correct.  You can create a measure with ALL*() functions that are designed to remove filter context. For example all orders in an order table, regardless of any filters the user may set.

In fact, since the numbers do not change, you can create calculated columns instead. Those are only computed once, during dataset refresh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Create new measures to feed your cards. These measures can be designed in a way that they ignore filter inputs.

@lbendlin Thank you, Please can you kindly send me options in screenshot, While Total is not a display in other visuals, that is static? while I share same measures in other visuals, I see filters changes impact the display.. 

So let me see, if I got you right, cards with mesures which are not shared by other visuals, so that it is not impacted by filters OR measure have settings, which can disble the filter ?

Correct.  You can create a measure with ALL*() functions that are designed to remove filter context. For example all orders in an order table, regardless of any filters the user may set.

In fact, since the numbers do not change, you can create calculated columns instead. Those are only computed once, during dataset refresh.

@lbendlin Thank you, I will try this. Cheers mate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors