Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattBossert
Helper II
Helper II

Report using Text Analytics fails to refresh through gateway

I have created a report in PowerBi Desktop which uses the new Text Analytics functions (score sentiment & extract key phrases).  I have published this report to my premium workspace and scheduled a refresh, but the refreshes through the gateway (manual and scheduled) are failing with the error:

"The connection string used for the mashup data source is invalid or the gateway needs to be upgraded to the latest version"

I've verified the following:

• I'm publishing to a premium workspace
  • I've configured the data source credentials for the AI functions in the dataset within the PBI service
  • I've upgraded my gateway to version 3000.10.248 (Oct 2019 release)
  • I've upgraded to the most recent .NET framework (4.8.03761) on my gateway machine

All of my other datasets on this same workspace using this same gateway are refreshing normally, but this particular dataset using the new AI functions continues to fail when refreshed.

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there
You might have to wait for the Nov version of the On-Premise Gateway to have the same version of the Mashup Engine as the Nov version of Power BI Desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Unfortunately upgrading to the November 2019 version of the on-premise gateway doesn't appear to have fully corrected the issue.  Although I am now getting a different error: 

Underlying error message:We cannot convert the value "[Function]" to type Function.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:Expression.Error

I read here that this particular error message may be an issue with data source permissions, but setting everything to "Organizational" doesn't appear to have fixed it either.

Thanks for the feedback @GilbertQ.  I'll wait for the November Gateway release and give it a shot.

It should be coming out soon!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors