Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report usage metrics not updating

Hi all,

Usage metrics have stopped working for reports in one of our workspaces. Metrics are available until 19 Jan 2018 but nothing after that. I tried generating the stats today, and that didn't help. We have the featured switched on in Admin Portal. 

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks
kaz

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I've raised a support case and was informed that this is a known issue with the North Europe cluster. Pushed for a resolution date, I got told 10th Feb, which seems far too long for this feature to be down for, especially as there's no certainty that data will be backfilled. 

Known issues should really be mentioned on Power BI status/support page...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Apparently this issue is fixed. I checked the stats today, and I can see some metrics for 1st of Feb 2018. But metrics between 19 Jan 18 and 1 Feb 18 are gone!

Stats for 19/1/2018Stats for 19/1/2018Stats for 1/2/2018Stats for 1/2/2018

The support site mentions that engineers are still working on a fix (update 19:00 UTC). It might be that recovering statistics from that specific period is part of it, but time will tell.

"We are experiencing a temporary issue"

Generous use of the word "temporary" here... been about 10 weeks now.

I have the same issue... intermittent usages stats after 19-Jan-2018.  

dannypowerbi
Frequent Visitor

Usage metrics on all my reports have not updated since 19 January 2018. Is anyone at MS looking at getting this fixed?

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Also getting the same issue here

Same here around 1/18.  Is there an issue logged for this that I can follow?

tdewittorion
Frequent Visitor

Any new info on this?  Will the data be able to be retrieved?

Thanks

Todd

Our reports show no usage data after the 19th of January, only our dashboards do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tdewittorion

Still awaiting a reply, stay tuned. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please share some detail information to help clarify your situation?

Reference link:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

BTW, you can also take a look at following limitation list if your scenario suitable with these conditions.

Usage metrics for dashboards and reports

Considerations and limitations

Q: I can't run usage metrics on a dashboard or report
A: You can only see usage metrics for content you own or have permissions to edit.+

Q: Will usage metrics capture views from embedded dashboards and reports?
A: Usage metrics currently does not support capturing usage for embedded dashboards and reports, including the user owns data flow, the app owns data flow and the publish to web flow. In those cases, we recommend using existing web analytics platforms to track usage for the hosting app or portal.

Q: I can't run usage metrics on any content at all.
A1: Admins can turn off this feature for their organization. Contact your Admin to see if this is the case.
A2: Usage metrics is a Power BI Pro feature.

Q: The data doesn't seem up-to-date. For example, distribution methods don't show up, report pages are missing, etc.
A: It can take up to 24 hours for data to update.

Q: There are four reports in the workspace but the usage metrics report only displays 3.
A: The usage metrics report only includes reports (or dashboards) that have been accessed in the past 90 days. If a report (or dashboard) does not show up, likely it hasn't been used in more than 90 days.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous@wmorris20@jthomson@BIfanatic@tdewittorion,

It seems like a known issue which already submitted at CRI 57038108.

Update:

Power bi team mentioned the ETA at 2/2.

We are experiencing a temporary issue where users will not be able to see their Usage Metrics for Power BI reports. Dashboard usage metrics are not affected. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next Update @02/02/2018 19:00 UTC    

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the reply and posting the check list. My scenario does not fall into any of those cases. What other information should I get you here? 

Thanks

kaz

I also Cannot see Report usage Metrics after 19/01/2018

but Dashboard Usage metrics seems to be updated,

Thanks,

I'm seeing a dramatic reduction in activity on the Report Usage Metrics over the last week, with no data ppulating on 01/23/2017-01/24/2017.

Graph below is for all reports in the organization.  Pulling the individual metrics pages confirms this.

https://img42.com/DzyLt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors