Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report update

Hello,

I have a report publised in Power BI Online, however when I hit Update button, nothing happens. The report can't update. I have already set the Gateway.

My source is in Sharepoint and in servers from my company. To update the report, I need do it in Power BI Desktop and then publish again.

Can you imagine what is the issue on it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Data Gateway installed in my notebook. Should I let it turned on to run the gateway? And if so, the best way is to install the gateway in a computer that remains turned on in the company.

jar2019
Helper I
Helper I

I was having some weird issues with SharePoint files last week. Check The query editor on power BI desktop and see if any of the datasets are failing to load due to auth issues. If so, you just have to click the edit datasource and re-copy the path to the datasets. This somehow resets it and it starts working again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jar2019 

No, in Power BI Desktop I can refresh with no error. Just the Online report that can't be updated by the Refresh button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors