Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edwardrmiles
Helper III
Helper III

Report tooltip filter context working in Desktop, not working in Service

I have configured a report tooltip on a column chart, map, and treemap visual. The filter context of all those visuals is passed to the tooltip in Desktop but not when I publish to the Service

Things I have tried:

I have unhidden the report tooltip page

I have tried a different user account

I have logged out and back in again

My setup:

Data source: is a Power BI dataset

Desktop version: 2.57.5068.501 64-bit (April 2018)

Report is published to an App Workpsace

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-jiascu-msft it's working properly now. I haven't changed anything so I presume it was a change in the Service. Thank you for your assistance

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @edwardrmiles,

I would suggest you upgrade the Desktop to the latest verion: 2.57.5068.721 (April 2018). I tested with both the two recent versions. They both worked fine. Can you share the pbix file?

Report_tooltip_filter_context_working_in_Desktop_not_working_in_Service

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft it's working properly now. I haven't changed anything so I presume it was a change in the Service. Thank you for your assistance

I have the same problem now. I have the 2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June 2018) version and it is working in Desktop and not in the app workspace. It was working a few weeks ago but lately not been working. Can anyone else test it out ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors