Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RafalK
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Report speed on different machines and locations

Hi,

I am a developer located in Poland. Once I publish the report to Power BI Service it works fast and smooth for me.

Once a user located in UK opens the report, it is way slower. 

I do have a better machine then the user but his machine is decent enough. In any case, the speed of randering the report should be more or less the same since it is the server that generates most of it. The speed difference is mostly visible in the time to generate visuals (they are stuck on in the loading phase for longer).

Why are we getting such different speeds?

Regards

Rafał Kun
3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @RafalK 

It is normal for users to load the report slowly for the first time.

If this happen frequently ,then you need to consider whether it may be caused by network delays, tenant locations, , gateway workloads ...

Related document:

why-are-reports-slow 

report-performance-troubleshoot 

power-bi-optimization 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could depend on anything like network, their CPU usage, memory usage, etc. 

Viewing reports shot be no different then opening any other website. Any modern CPU and RAM that is not full should handle that with no problems. As for the network - Power BI sends only aggregated data to the browser right? If I have 6 pie charts on a page it should be nothing.

Rafał Kun

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors