Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report shows blank unless I click Reset To Default

This report behavior started 12/16/19. Clicking on a report will initially show a blank unresponsive browser screen.  Clicking on other tabs of the report doesn't do anything.  The report will only behave normally when I click on "Reset To Default".  Normally, the browser remembers the state the report was in when I left it.  This time, it is a blank screen at every new session.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous 

It is a known issue and engineers are working on a fix, Please test again after 12/18 to see if the same issue occurs. 

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RGCardinal
Frequent Visitor

Still, it is an issue for us. 2 of our users are experiencing it but not everyone can reproduce it. It seems very sporadic but it's still happening in our environment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue seems to have been resolved as of today, 12/19/19, as promised by Microsoft.  Thank you! 👍

hi @Anonymous 

Great!  If you consider this issue closed, please mark it as "solved". 

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous 

It is a known issue and engineers are working on a fix, Please test again after 12/18 to see if the same issue occurs. 

Regards,

Lin

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could it be possible that a new version of the report was uploaded.

And due to this, it then meant some of your filters that were persisted are no longer valid causing the reports to be blank?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ,

It seems to be a known issue as I came across similar posts.  Here's one of them: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PowerBI-Report-page-blank-unless-I-reset-to-default/idi-p/87...

Regards,

Ferdinand

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm that there have been no changes to any of the tables or columns that you had previously filtered on?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ,

No, there hasn't been any changes to the pbix file at all.  Just scheduled refreshes.  And before the issue, the browser remembers the state of a report tab that I viewed (filters and all) and shows me that the next time I go to the report.  I only had to click on "Reset to default" if I wanted to see the default filters the report was published.  Now, it simply ignores any navigation you have done and any filters you have applied.  Next time I first launch the report, it gives me a blank screen unless I click on reset to default, again.  By the way, this is not the case with all reports.  Just this one report so far out of the 11 that I maintain.

Regards,

Ferdinand

Thanks for the details, and it does appear that something has gone wrong possibly with the report?

Would it be possible to make any small change in the PBIX and then re-upload?

Just trying to think of a way to get this particular report resolved.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually tried the following but none mattered.  The issue persists.

1. Made a simple formatting change to the report and republished.

2. Download pbix from PBI service, also made a formatting change and republished.

But as I have mentioned, there are other users experiencing this exact issue so I'm guessing it must be caused by something Microsoft pushed over the weekend.  The report was fine as of Friday.  We just noticed the issue Monday morning.

Regards,

Ferdinand

Yeah for sure, only thing I could suggest is to then log a support ticket for them to see what the cause of the issue is.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually subscribed to the other 2 posts of the same issue and they were both accepted as an issue.  I hope Microsoft resolves the issue soon.

Good to know thanks, and yes hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors