Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mdjlambeens
Frequent Visitor

Report sharing

Hello!

I have a question regarding report sharing. I want to do the following:

1. Create a report and publish it to a workspace.
2. Everyone in the workspace should be able to view the report.

3. Create a dashboard from the report and share that.

It is my understanding that for step three, everyone (the creator and the viewers), needs a pro license.

Does everyone also need a pro license for step 1 and 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mdjlambeens A Pro license is required for sharing of any kind. To address the key points, the first area it is needed is the Workspace. You can't join/create a group workspace without a Pro license. Second, you can't share anything to anyone without a Pro license, and the recipient of a shared element must also have a Pro license in order to view it.

There is no sharing or collaboration without a Pro license in the Service at bare minumum.

The only exception for end users not needing a license to view shared content is the Premium license for large deployments.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@mdjlambeens A Pro license is required for sharing of any kind. To address the key points, the first area it is needed is the Workspace. You can't join/create a group workspace without a Pro license. Second, you can't share anything to anyone without a Pro license, and the recipient of a shared element must also have a Pro license in order to view it.

There is no sharing or collaboration without a Pro license in the Service at bare minumum.

The only exception for end users not needing a license to view shared content is the Premium license for large deployments.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors