Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

buhari91
Frequent Visitor

Report sharing with Azure AD group guest users

Hi Power BI Community,

I have Pro license in Power BI trying to share the report with Azure AD group.

Set up:

- I have 3 users (one have pro license, other 2 users do not have license) created and added to the Azure AD group as guest users, and all of them are invited to access the tenant space and have accepted the invitation from Tenant space.
- I have implemented Dynamic RLS on the dataset, and added the Azure AD group on the role.
- I have below Tenant space setting enable
Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to access Power BI : Enabled for the entire organization
- Now I am trying to share the report with this Azure AD group, on Power Bi service it shows the report have been shared, but issue is when I login to outlook as any of those 3 users from the group, I dont see any email that the report have been shared with the user.
I do not want to share the reports via app as I dont want to give access to workspace, can anyone please help how can I share the report with Azure AD group and troubleshoot this situation.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @buhari91 

As far as I am aware when you share via an Azure AD Group it does not send an email out. Or it will attempt to send it to the email address associated with the Azure AD Group. SOme Azure AD Groups do not have email addresses which is why it might not be sent out.

I would get the share link and then email it to the users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @buhari91 

As far as I am aware when you share via an Azure AD Group it does not send an email out. Or it will attempt to send it to the email address associated with the Azure AD Group. SOme Azure AD Groups do not have email addresses which is why it might not be sent out.

I would get the share link and then email it to the users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you @GilbertQ  It does help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors