Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fair-UL
Helper II
Helper II

Report returns blank data in power BI services but has data on pbi desktop

Hi,

I have a report built from tables on Azure db. The report contains data on pbi desktop and all visuals are populated with data. When I publish the report on the Services, the report shows the data and few minutes later the data gets wiped out. I checked and looks like the report gets refreshed from the cloud when I publish (even though the schedule is not set on that time), and then the data dissappears. 

What am I doing wrong? one more thing I noticed is that there is a page level filter on some of the pages. When I remove them, the report does not return blank data when it refreshes on the online services. 

This report is not configured via on premise gateway as the source is cloud based. once the credetials are in, the report refreshs on the refresh schedule 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fair-UL ,

Would you please try to use other browser, or clear cache form the browser? And you can also try to upload pbix file to the service:

Capture.PNG

And you can also refer to the similar post:

Cause:

In Power BI Desktop, a column is created in power query using the M function: Date.IsInPreviousMonth(dateTime as any).

The data returned is nullable logical but you didn't change the type to true/false.

Then you are applying a filter=true to that field in Power BI Desktop.

When the report is published to Power BI Service and Refreshed, the service is returning -1/0 for the nullable logical, thus the report presents (Blank) values because the filter applied is set to true.

in https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PBI-Service-Visuals-showing-Blanks-and-not-in-Desktop/m-p/9...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fair-UL ,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fair-UL ,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

the report now refreshes after I changed the format of 1 data field from text to true/false, but one of the graphs got medssed up and i need to fix

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fair-UL ,

Would you please try to use other browser, or clear cache form the browser? And you can also try to upload pbix file to the service:

Capture.PNG

And you can also refer to the similar post:

Cause:

In Power BI Desktop, a column is created in power query using the M function: Date.IsInPreviousMonth(dateTime as any).

The data returned is nullable logical but you didn't change the type to true/false.

Then you are applying a filter=true to that field in Power BI Desktop.

When the report is published to Power BI Service and Refreshed, the service is returning -1/0 for the nullable logical, thus the report presents (Blank) values because the filter applied is set to true.

in https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PBI-Service-Visuals-showing-Blanks-and-not-in-Desktop/m-p/9...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Actually, my issue was related. the page level filter was a TRUE/False field and it was set it to Text format and it kept failing. Once I turned it into True/False format, and removed the calculated column that uses the True/False field in the calculation, the refresh went smoothly. Is there a reason?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors