Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Madhurima
Frequent Visitor

Report refresh in Power BI service

I am aware that when the dataset is refreshed, the dashboard containing tiles/report visuals gets updated in realtime with the new data. But i don't see the report in the report viewer getting updated unless i manually click the refresh button.

Same issue when i just try to embed a single report visual on my web app. When i embed the dashboard, all visuals on it update realtime. But if i embed a single report visual it doesn't update.

Also i have tried embedding a tile from dashboard hoping it would update in realtime. Still its te same issue.

So, Is this by design ? Are only dashboards allowed to be realtime ?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Madhurima,

Did you use "Publish to Web" embed report and refresh? If so, "Publish to web" can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have not used the 'Publish to Web' option for embedding as this report is not for public. Instead it will be viewed only if the user is authenticated. I have embedded the report using the JavascriptAPIs -https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript.

But irrespective of whether it is embedded or viewed in the PowerBI web service, i don't see the reports updating unless you manually refresh them.

To make it clear, this is not about syncing between PowerBI service report and ur web app embedded report. Instead it is about syncing between dataset and its respective report in the PowerBI service itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors