Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

astevens
Advocate II
Advocate II

Report printing from PBI Service cropped

Some of my reports are printing cropped from PBI Service. This type of problem has occured in the past, but on those occasions I would just refresh the Print dialogue and then the report would show up correctly to print. That's not happening this time. For the problem reports (about half of them) they are consistently cropped.

(Example Report)

Full Report.jpg

(Print dialogue box)

Print Template.jpg

For this report, it happens to crop off at an exact table, but for other reports they are cropping in the middle of graphs, in the middle of text, etc. so it doesn't seem to be related to a particular object.

Thank you for any help/ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

This issue is also affecting one of our products so we found this workaround you can use until Microsoft fixes it.

Hope it helps

adegrno
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same problem. It started at the same time as the problem with card titles not showing when multiple cards on one page.

Some setting must have be en changed somewhere

I was able to adjust my report to print by extending the width of the top table, which extended the print width. Not an ideal solution, obviously, but might help in the interim versus making a whole new report.

Appreciate yr suggestion, but too many reports to start changing them. Expect ms to fix the issue
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astevens ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here using Chrome. BTW, as the online document of printing reprot in Power BI service.

We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors