Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report page not updating in app

Hello community,

Hopefully you can help me with the following issue I've been having.

Recently I added a couple of slicers to a page in one of our reports so users can filter the page table in multiple ways. The report is included in the workspace app together with multiple other reports.

PJVisscher_0-1652776364415.png

Afterwards I used the update app button to push the new report lay-out, but I keep seeing the old version with 2 slicers.

PJVisscher_1-1652776449462.png

The app's version of the page does show the same information and follows all the data updates. I tried to disconnect the report from the app and add it again afterwards, but to no avail.

Because the report comes from the same workspace and I use the slider "Include in App", it should not be an issue of an outdated URL.

Does anybody have an idea why the app does not seem to process changes to my report?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Polly, I solved the issue. The report showed a hidden copy of the page shown in the app, and I unknowingly added the extra slicers/filters to that hidden copy. So that's why nothing ever showed up in the app.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I cannot reproduce your issue. The report page refresh after I updated app.My service version:

vpollymsft_2-1653016284788.png

What is your operation about updating. When you click update app, did you see the following process:

vpollymsft_0-1653015647381.png

vpollymsft_1-1653015732427.png

When it is successfully published, please wait for a minute. And make sure  the slicers add successfully in the report.

Please refer the document to see if it helps you.

Change your published app

If it doesn't work, please provide more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Polly, I solved the issue. The report showed a hidden copy of the page shown in the app, and I unknowingly added the extra slicers/filters to that hidden copy. So that's why nothing ever showed up in the app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Polly,

I am on basically the same version as you. As for the process, indeed I make adjustments to the relevant reports, go to the workspace and click update app, confirm the prompts and have it published.

PJVisscher_1-1653050045133.png

The strange thing is.. I just created 2 random visuals in a different report but within the same workspace, which are both included in the app. And those additions are instantly visible in the app and relevant report page. So the issue is specifically with that one report.

PJVisscher_0-1653049918226.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors