Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DirkFrazier
Advocate I
Advocate I

Report page navigation button (previous) not working

In Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE, the left arrow (previous) page button isn't functioning. The right arrow (next) works, but I can't navigate back to any of the report pages to the left of the current view. It works when I'm in Edit mode, but as soon as I return to Read mode, the previous page navigation action doesn't work.

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DirkFrazier,

Please check if you can use left and right button on your keyboard to switch the report pages.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Is there an update on this issue? I've republished this data set several times since my initial message, even paring down my collection of pages to 60 and the left button still will not work with this report in any browser I have. Here are some specific behaviors I can reproduce:

1. The Page list pops up when you right-click on the navigation buttons but it still won't scroll, so it's only partially useful for navigating to a specific page.

2. The funcationality DOES work in "Edit" mode, but not "Reading" mode.

3. Interestingly, after simply switching to "Edit" mode, and back to "Reading" mode, the 'previous' page button works, but only under specific circumstances:

- Clicking the 'next' page button once (going forward one set of pages) and then clicking the 'previous' page button seems to work.

- Clicking the 'next' page button twice puts a halt to the 'previous' page button functionality. I can navigate back and forth between only one full set of pages, but only after entering and leaving "Edit" mode.

4. This is broken for everyone who uses this report, not just me. And of course not everyone has permission to edit these reports, so page to page navigation for everyone is broken.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue. 

I eventually resolved this by creating duplicate of each page and delete the exsting pages.(Lot of manual work!)
It works perfectly now.

That does sound like a lot of work, especially with 60+ report pages. Would that also break all of the dashboards we've created based on the original pages that would now not exist? 

Yes, if we are creating duplicate pages from original ones, and deleting the original ones, then dashboards will break. I am afraid, you will have to pin the dashboards from these newly created duplicates.

I am facing this issue recently but with "next" button, its navigation 4 times but after that it doesn't.  Although, like you it does work in edit mode. Also, for other newly created reports with blank pages, it works fine. Not sure about this perticular report. Really wierd issue. 

In Edit mode, the on-screen next and previous page buttons work as do the left and right arrow keys to navigate between pages. In Reading mode, now nothing works. Previous page button is still not functioning, but now the Next page button doesn't work; and neither arrow key on the keyboard will navigate the pages. In Reading mode, I can right click on the navigation buttons and get a list of pages, but the list doesn't scroll so I can't get to the last page of my report without going into edit mode first.

I just realized that other data sets we've published to the Power BI Service DO work with the navigation buttons on screen. They have far fewer pages than the one with problem - which has 83 tabs. I confirmed also that the report in question works fine in the Desktop version of Power BI, and even after a re-publish to the service, the nav buttons on screen still do not work. Is this a limitation of the large number of tabs in the report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors