Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lvallinoto
Frequent Visitor

Report on service very slow for some users

Hi,

I have a report that works fine on desktop. It extracts its data from a dataflow, so no SQL connections.

When I publish it, it works fine for me and other users, loading the whole thing in seconds . But for some other users, it takes 3 minutes to do so. We are doing it at the same time, and all based in London. 

Why does that happen? is there anyway of fixing that? We don't have premium capacity, could that be the cause?

Any help is appreciated, we are almost giving up on Power Bi as our BI solution because of issues like this.

Thanks

Lucas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

thanks for your reply. the data is extremelly aggregated ( < 3mi records ) and I've modeled it in a way you don't need any complex calculations, just expressions like sum( sales ).

It turns out that apparently we could find the issue. When we open in on IE it's very slow, but in chrome it's ok, which I find very ironic. 

Maybe on edge it will work better. Anyway thanks @v-rzhou-msft and @collinq for your replies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lvallinoto 

Due to you get data from dataflow, so the connection mode is import mode.(Exculde the cause of the gateway)

You may refer to this blog, it shows some reason why the report load slow to you: Why are reports slow?

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

thanks for your reply. the data is extremelly aggregated ( < 3mi records ) and I've modeled it in a way you don't need any complex calculations, just expressions like sum( sales ).

It turns out that apparently we could find the issue. When we open in on IE it's very slow, but in chrome it's ok, which I find very ironic. 

Maybe on edge it will work better. Anyway thanks @v-rzhou-msft and @collinq for your replies.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @lvallinoto ,

If the report is fast/normal for some users and not the same for others the issue is very likely to be network based.  You should run a trace (like fiddler) on the folks that are experiencing slowness.  I have seen this a few times where folks, sometimes in the same building, have different speeds and it can be anything from a wireless point that is not working properly to firewall differences to ports to anti-virus software being different on different machines.  If you can't find it readily, you can open a ticket with Microsoft and they will help you with your network traces until you find the problem.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks @coco , 

I also suspected something like this, but It will be a bit hard to test this at the moment, as everyone is working from home

Hi @lvallinoto ,

If folks are workign from home some will almost assuredly experience random slowness - the internet to their house/apartment/cabin in the woods will vary widely.  I know that the "line" you are on can be affected by a 100 things in a residential situation.  And, the router or internet speed that somebody has at home will affect them as well.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors