Hi community 🙂
I have a report in "My workspace" on Power BI online which I have embedded in a website (via "File > Embed report > Publish to web" on the online version). I am having some issues with the data in the online version not matching the embedded view. Please see my observations in order of occurence:
1. I see that the dataset's scheduled refresh occured as planned.
2. When I check the report on Power BI online, the newest data is displayed.
3. When I navigate to the website where I've embedded the report from point 2, it does not have the data from the latest refresh.
4. I navigate back to Power BI online, click "Edit" on the report and then "Refresh" shown below. The report appears unchanged on Power BI online (still showing the most recent data).
5. I navigate to the site where this report has been embedded, but it still isn't displaying the latest data (this is now 1 hour after the scheduled refresh mentioned in step 1).
Eventually, after just over an hour, the embedded report reflects the latest data. I am confused as to why this takes so long since my understanding is that the embed link used should reference the exact same report in Power BI online. Why are they different? And does anyone know how I can make the embedded version update ore promptly after the scheduled refresh?
Thanks in advance!