Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Report not showing up in workspace, despite being accessable via link

I have a user accessing a report via  a link.
When we look at the report via the link it says it lives in 

My workspace > the Report

When i go to my workspace, i can clearly see the report is not there. To track it down, i done a small edit of the report online, saved it and then checked all the other workspaces.

I found it in:
dev workspace > the report.

- How can a report not be in a workspace but still look like it exists there?
- is there a way to make this report visible in the "my workspace" ?

7 REPLIES 7
user518520
Frequent Visitor

It's now 2023 and I am getting same issue. Sometimes my own reports appear in my workspace, and sometimes they are not displayed. Refreshing screen sometimes shows missing reports, but then hides others. This a little bit random

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wilson_smyth ,

When we open a shared report by a link, the tab will be always showing "workspace name > report name".  So the My workspace that you saw firstly is not the user's workspace, it means it is from owner's My workspace. And because it is private, the shared reports can't be saved in others' My workspace

As you tried, you could publish reports to other created workspace like your dev workspace, and grant users access to it. Then they can view the reports there.

About access, please reference this document: 

Roles in the new workspaces 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You would have to publish it to your workspace. Every user has their own "My Workspace" FYI. Perhaps if you shared a screen shot things would be more clear.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi.

This isnt solved and the solution thats marked is not the correct solution, how do i remedy this so the thread is not misleading?

Hi @wilson_smyth ,

I have removed the solution. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I raised this with MS Support who confirmed its a bug and they are working on a fix but with no difined timeline.

If anyone wants to reproduce:

1. create a workspace, preferably with a unique name. in this case - "UniqueWorkspace"
  2. create a report in that workspace, in this case "Report1".
  3. share the report.
  4. after teh report is shared, the owner of the report should try and view the report using the shared url.
  5. The breadcrumb trail in the top left of the powerbi service will show the workspace as "my workspace >Report1" which is not correct as it should be "UniqueWorkspace > Report1".
    This can make tracking down an older shared report difficult.

Hi @wilson_smyth ,

Thanks for sharing.🙂  If this issue will be fixed, please share the message here. We will benefit from this thread. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors