Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jhills
Advocate II
Advocate II

Report not opening when clicking on tile

When users click on a dashboard tile it is not opening the report. No error message is displayed...nothing happens. The users are accessing the dashboard from the Power BI service. It is not an embedded dashboard. This just started happening a couple weeks ago for some users. It only happens in Chrome. IE and Edge work fine. Have tried clearing Browsing history, Download history, Cookies and other site data, cached images and files, Hosted app data and that did not resolve the issue. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any suggestions on possible causes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microsoft pushed out a Power BI update in mid March that fixed the issue of an app not opening afterswitching between worspaces and apps. That fixed the issue for me.

The other issue of a report not opening when clicking on a dashboard tile has not been happening for my users lately. I was never able to recreate it and neither was Microsoft support. It seemed to be a browser issue since it would work in incognito mode in Chrome but not regular mode. Users wouldn't have the issue in Edge or IE either. Not sure what changed but happy things are working. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem since yestarday! 

But the workaround ctrl+F5 seems doesn't work.

Has anyone else have another suggestion? Any idea on possible causes?

Thanks for youe help!

@Anonymous  One workaround that is working for most of my users is to open the dashboard in IE instead of Chrome. Have you tried IE if that is an option for you?

Opened a ticket with Microsoft on this last week. I am not able to recreate the dashboard issue yet. I can recreate a similar issue when opening an app. The app issue happens in Chrome, IE and Chromium Edge. It seems to have something to do with switching between workspaces and apps. Here are the steps I take to recreate it.

1. Copy and paste URL into Microsoft Edge Browser https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps
  2. Click on App tile…App opens
  3. Click workspace icon on left and select a workspace
  4. Click App icon on left
  5. Click App tile…app does not open
  6. Click workspace icon on left and select a workspace…App from step 5 opens
  7. Click workspace icon on left and select a workspace…workspace opens

I have submitted a Fiddler trace of it to Microsoft and am waiting to hear back.

Microsoft pushed out a Power BI update in mid March that fixed the issue of an app not opening afterswitching between worspaces and apps. That fixed the issue for me.

The other issue of a report not opening when clicking on a dashboard tile has not been happening for my users lately. I was never able to recreate it and neither was Microsoft support. It seemed to be a browser issue since it would work in incognito mode in Chrome but not regular mode. Users wouldn't have the issue in Edge or IE either. Not sure what changed but happy things are working. 

chross
Advocate III
Advocate III

@jhills This is also happening for us too for the last several weeks.  Other organizations globally are experiencing this as well.  We have a ticket logged with Microsoft.

Just for a quick workaround you can quickly clear your cache by pressing on Ctrl F5 at the same time.

@chross Good to know and thanks for the workaround!

edhans
Super User
Super User

When you say "Edge" is it old edge or new Chromium Edge?

I am wondering if it is related to this issue Microsoft has announced would be a problem in Office 365 with Chrome?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

It works in both old Edge and new Chromium Edge.

I am using Chrome version 80 and it is working.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 80.0.3987.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Tried it on Chrome version 79 and that worked also

I will take a closer look at the link you sent.

Thanks @edhans 

Hi @jhills ,

I'd like to suggest you to create a support ticket for further analysis.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors