Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report not opening until "Reset to Default" is clicked

I have published couple of reports for my organization. For the last of few days, few reports out of them doesn't open until "reset to default" is clicked. This happens everytime I try to open that report. I need to click Reset to default to view the report. It's happening for me only as others in my organization are not facing this issue.

Happens in both Chrome and Edge. Cleared cache, history everything.

Please help.

27 REPLIES 27
MatheusLPS
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I disabled "Persistent filters" on my file. Problem did not happened anymore.

Waiting....

neilmanson60
Frequent Visitor

We are still facing this issue in the UK - I have a ticket raised and the support rep came back to say "Looks like the fix wasn’t deployed as expected. We are working with the engineering team to get an exact commit date. "

Annoying there isn't an update on the PowerBI Service Status page to reflect this service degradation. 

@neilmanson60 We were originally told the fix would be deployed on Monday morning...  That never happened.  Then we were told that it would be on Tuesday, but they didn't provide a specific timeframe.  Well Tuesday has come and gone.  Now the latest and greatest they told us is the fix will be deployed today, but again when is anyone's guess.  Since last week we have talked to about 26 (maybe more, I lost count) different people between the Critical Situation Managers and Engineers.  We are beyond FRUSTRATED!!!!!

shr_sday
Regular Visitor

Still facing this issue in Houston as of 8:30 CST 12/17/2019.

Hi All,

I can't reproduce this, can you please share more detail information to help us clarify this scenario?

For example:

1. Where are your power bi service data host?
2. Did this issue appear on a specific report or all of the reports?
3. What type of visuals existed in reports(with 'keep loading' issue)?
4. Datasource type and connection mode your report used?
3. What type of workspaces the issued report host? Personal workspace or group workspace(classic or new experience)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft I suggest you talk to your product team and undertand that all of us on here complaining is due to something you guys caused and not what we did.  Each user on here are from different organizations and/or differnt countries globally.  They are supposed to be rolling out a fix in different waves (Canary 1, Canary 2 and Canary 3).  

Hi @chross ,

In fact, I need to reproduce this first, then I can report this scenario with detail operations steps and trace session logs. (they can reduce the workload of troubleshooting)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft In this particular matter, we will NOT accept your post as a solution!!! Many of us created critical tickets with Microsoft support to escalate this.  We already know the issue wasn't due to "User error" and was seriosu enough where a fix had to be deployed in phases to correct whatever it was that caused it in the first place. 

To all the users on this post, the fix they deployed is finally working in NJ (USA).

chross
Advocate III
Advocate III

The change hasn't been deployed yet for NJ (USA) yet either.  We were originally told Monday morning, but that didn't happen.  They we were told there were different phases (Canary 1, Canary 2, Canary 3) and apparently we are in Canary 3.  The last we heard is the release was going to be some time today, but I'm sure that will change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it is fixed as of 8 AM CST -- we are in Chicago 

neilmanson60
Frequent Visitor

We're still facing this issue today, have tried the workaround of unpublishing and republishing the app which someone mentioned had worked but that didn't work for us. Frustrating it isn't listed as an issue on the main service status page. 

AJ_Clark
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not resolved for us etiher 

Anonymous
Not applicable

MS support saying it is being pushed out to all clusters -- should be completed by 12/18.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue seems to be resolved since today morning

How it resolved , could you please any one explain to team

Regards,

SampathA

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sampathK  I have not done anything to resolve this.

I think this was an issue in Power BI only as many people across the world were facing this. It started week. Since today morning, I see that reports are working fine. So may be the Power BI would have done something to resolve this.

Hello,

It is still not working on our side 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not working for us either!

Jim

MatheusLPS
Helper I
Helper I

Same problemam here.

A 3 pages report (not an app), do not open until click "Reset do defaults". It is published on Premium capacity here.

I could force the problem do happen:

My report is based on "Bookmarks". All the 3 pages are bookmarks and there are links to jump between them.

Some user was sayng that the problem was happing to him (blank page). For me, no.

I entered the report, apllied a filter, exit the report closing the chrome tab.

Entered on report again, and got the error (blank page). 

Yesterday I deleted the report and upload a new one because I thought the problem was with the file. Need to resend a new link to 200+ user. Not great!!!!

My report reads some excel files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors