Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bheepatel
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Report loads very slowly in different region

Hi everyone -

I am based in South Africa and have published a report that multiple people use here in South Africa. I recently gave access to a colleague in Mexico who has been complaining about extremely slow speeds for the report to load. I have tested the report myself and it works fine but that is not the case for my colleague in Mexico.

I read up about Power BI tenant and as per the guide in that article, our data is stored in North Europe (Ireland)

Would appreciate any help on the following:

• Is it possible that where our data is hosted is the reason that my colleague is experiencing the issues? If yes, can one change where the data is stored?
  • What are some of the other reasons this may be happening?
  • How can I troubleshoot what the problem could be?

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bheepatel 

I do think that if there is a very slow connection from Mexico to Northern Irelenad it could affect the report performance. It might have a very long way to travel and if it is across a slow network this could affect the performance of the report from the user.

If possible could the user try and access the report via a VM that is located in South Africa or closer to Irelend and see if that works?

Also if the user access a VM that is located in RSA or Ireland and they say the VM is slow this would indicate a slow network issue!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bheepatel 

I don't think where the data is stored matters unless you are using Direct Query mode for connection. What matters the most are the performance of the report, Connection mode and the internet connection in Mexico. A combination of all three should be good for the colleague in Mexico.

For instance using Direct Query mode, when there is a change in the data base and the user interacts with your report, this late will trigger a refresh and a load of the new data.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors