Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

Report is blank in app, but fine in content pack?

Here's how the report looks in the App.Here's how the report looks in the App.

Today I tried publishing a brand new report.  It's viewable just fine in the content pack, the indicator for "Show in App" is toggled on and both the content pack and app have been "updated".  However when you go and try to view it in the app it's totally blank.  The data set is there and I can even run "quick insights" on it.  No RLS is active.  Ive tried deleting and republishing and changing the name.  No luck.

This started happening today, ironically I just updated the desktop client yesterday. 

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just an FYI this was resolved yesterday.  I was told by the Microsoft support rep its a bug with the service and without providing any details said they can reproduce and fix it on their side. 

If anyone encounters this error submit a support ticket here, https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/, scroll to the bottom and click the "Create Support Ticket" button(assuming you're a pro customer).  Within 30 minutes someone from microsoft contacted me and resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just an FYI this was resolved yesterday.  I was told by the Microsoft support rep its a bug with the service and without providing any details said they can reproduce and fix it on their side. 

If anyone encounters this error submit a support ticket here, https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/, scroll to the bottom and click the "Create Support Ticket" button(assuming you're a pro customer).  Within 30 minutes someone from microsoft contacted me and resolved the issue.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Scott_W,

Do you have set some filters in your report or dashboard? If you have, please remove them and refresh again. If this issue persists, please clarify more details about your table structure and data source type.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks for the reply.  There was one "Report Level Filter" set and that's all in the entire report.  I removed it entirely from the desktop file and tried republishing this morning.  Same result.  It loads into the content pack fine and is viewable but when you try to view it through the app it's totally blank.  

I'm using a desktop powerbi file pulling from a SQL server database.  There's nothing special or complicated about it compared to others I've published.  It's a very small data set actually, just a few thousand rows.  I'm inclined to believe if it was a problem with the actual desktop file that I would also have the same problems when viewing through the content pack as well? 

I do have a support ticket in but they want a copy of the workbook to help and unfortunately it contains confidential company data so thats not an option. 

I noticed something today, the particular report I'm having a problem with is listed as having no owner, while the rest name our group.  Any thoughts how I fix this?  I'm uploading/refreshing using the same credentials I have for the last 2 years.

Capture2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors