Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

argicocomercial

Report in Power BI Service showing blank

hi, Im having a new user into a power bi service app but the shared report doenst load on it, but in other users it does show up, the report appear as blank, no matter what I try keep appearing blank:

argicocomercial_0-1603122950797.png

any ideas or soluctions about this topic? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

problem solved, 

the dataset for that app report was in another app the user didnt have read\compile permits, added the needed permit on source dataset and it started working. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amikm
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @argicocomercial 

Are you able to see the report in the workspace where the report is published?

Also, let me know if users have a pro license or free license who is accessing the report.
Also please cross-check the dataset is not implemented with RLS in Power BI or Tabular model.

If nothing works, try to update the app and see if still, you are facing the same issues.

Regards,
Amit

problem solved, 

the dataset for that app report was in another app the user didnt have read\compile permits, added the needed permit on source dataset and it started working. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @argicocomercial ,

Are you using RLS and this person doesn't have the right permissions?  Or, do you have other security set up and this is not shared with them in the app as you expected?  Are you sharing with them directly or a security group?  If so, are they in the security group?  And, for all of these, have you confirmed that the userid that they are signed in with is EXACTLY the same as the userid that you have given permissions to for this app?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

no RSL configured, both user where added the same way, one can acess normally the second appears as the image above it doesnt load or anything, have double check all credentials etc, but still that user looks find but cant run it, can enter the app but doesnt load the report in the app. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors