Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Report in My Workspace stuck on "in progress" when refreshing.

I have a report in "My Workspace" that has been refreshing for about 4hrs, whereas normally it will only take 10mins.  I tried republishing the report to see if that fixed the issue, but upon publishing the report, it can upload the report, but the Dataset fails due to "... We couldnt refresh your dataset, please manually refresh your dataset".  But obvioulsy, cant as a refresh is in progress/stalled.  I thought, about deleting the dataset in my Workspace, but that also wants to delete the report and its shared to lots of people and dont really want to have to reshare.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

The refresh eventually timed out. According to the message it timed out after 120mins, but considering the refresh started at 7am, it was more like 300mins (5hrs).  Just testing the refresh again. 

I have been having problems with dataset refreshes also, you are not alone. Some datasets stopped refreshing Sunday afternoon and started refreshing again Tuesday night. Those same datasets stopped refreshing this AM. The weird part is the datasets refresh locally, in a different workspace and will refresh properly if I download, make a copy and redeploy to the workspace it is not refreshing, but the reports online are tied to the dataset not refreshing. Very frustrating Microsoft cannot resolve this when the message says to contact Microsoft. 

I had to delete the report and data set and republish the exact same report and setup the refresh schedule again and reshare. This fixed the issue, until yesterday and after refreshing every 30 mins daily, its just suddenly broken again, but the local one can still connect to the data source and refresh fine!!!!

The error is...

Hide
Scheduled 3/22/2021, 9:03:02 AM 3/22/2021, 2:08:02 PM Failed The refresh operation failed because it took more than 120 minutes to complete. Consider reducing the size of your dataset or breaking it up into smaller datasets.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: a9ae5607-4b18-4e1e-84e7-4dfd9c1a095f
Request ID: d18b0a0c-8ae9-4168-8cb6-703c4103bb7a
Time: 2021-03-22 14:08:02Z

Im going to have to rasie an internal/MS support ticket as this isnt good, and not willing to republish again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors