Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JpaveyBI
Regular Visitor

Report has several Dataflows won’t refresh in service

I have a report that is getting all its data via 31 dataflows (PowerBI in the on-premise gateway) and no other datasources.

Refreshes fine in Desktop (about 5-10 minutes) but will not refresh at all when in the service. I keep getting an error that says cannot connect to data source undefined:

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 4051fbee-5a67-4d14-9f61-cd1446cedc8f
Request ID: 14db3f28-09f8-4e15-beef-38c27ae138c4
Time: 2021-09-23 21:38:55Z

I'm totally stumped and starting to think converting this report from multiple datasources to all dataflows was a mistake?? Help 😞

3 REPLIES 3
JpaveyBI
Regular Visitor

It's not the dataflows that are failing to refresh. They have all been refreshing flawlessly for months now. The problem is that I connected to them in a report to create a data model. The report using the dataflows is what is failing to refesh. There is no download of the error on a BI report - only what I pasted in the original message. 

Sorry missinterpreted "Dataflows won’t refresh in service"   

Creea1
Frequent Visitor

When you goto the dataflow list in power bi service, and cick on refresh history for one of the failed dataflows, then download the refesh log, see pic below 

Screenshot 2021-09-24 103313.png 

What is the error that it shows. You may have to find the table with the first error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors