Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report failing in service / fine in desktop - credentials issue

Hi

I have a report with multiple data sources (Azure, Sharepoint, Web). I had to re-enter the global permissions in desktop to get it to refresh sucessfully. Also all fine when published to service, and scheduled refresh also successful. Howver this morning another user said he couldn't refresh the copy in service. I have had to re-enter credentials for 2 of the sources. 

Is there a way that I don't keep having to re-enter credentials and the service report refreshes successfully every time?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

What type of gateway used to refresh? If it is a standard mode gateway, what are your configurations in Manage Gateways for these data sources?

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"another user" - why would users need to refresh datasets?  Or do you mean another developer who has permissions to use the gateway connection? Or maybe you're not using a gateway? Please clarify.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors