Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SBPFA
Helper I
Helper I

Report does not display refreshed data

Hi,

We have a SSAS that retrieves data from a MySQL using a scheduled job, which invokes the Refresh command with the "full" refresh type (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tmsl/refresh-command-tmsl?view=asallproducts-allv...

This job started failing due to "out of memory" and "timeout reading communication packets from mySQL" errors.

So I changed the refresh type to "automatic" and worked fine, since adding more memory is currently not possible. The job runs fine, and after manually updating the dataset in powerbi.com, new dates appear in the reports' filters, as if new data is available, but it is not shown:

PowerBInodata_LI.jpgIf I change the filter to display data from march, it works (all new data is from april and may).

I tried executing the refresh command using types "calculated" and "add", but the model has calculation partitions and didn't worked. I don't know exactly what "clearValues" does, so I didn´t try it.

Also on-premises data gateway is updated to the latest version.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SBPFA 

What happens if you have to change the partitions to be monthly instead of the past N years.

What I mean is change the partitions from the last 2 years to the last 24 Months, this will run a query to process each partition monthly which can return the data quicker.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert, I was doing some research to see how to achieve that, and found a post from you in Frour Moo: https://www.fourmoo.com/2020/12/02/how-i-changed-the-partition-configuration-year-month-quarter-days...

Unfortunately I don't have Power BI premium. Is there another way? 

Thank you and sorry for the delayed answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors