Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Report colors - not fixed, not consistent for all users

Hi,

There is one report which is published on Power BI Service.
Three different users look at this report and all of them see some differences in colors.
Example, 8 out of 10 products have same color for all users, but 2 products have different colors.
User 1 see it as blue, user 2 as red, user 3 as green color.
When i download the report, it all looks fine, but when i republish it, same thing happens.

Is this something related to report itself, to power bi service or to browser cache or anything else? Very frustrating issue that colors can't be fixed.
Also, when new product appears, it crashes all other colors, until i manually copy/paste same color code and republish it.

Best regards,
Nemanja A.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nandic 

I currently have no way to restore your scene, I tested it and the color has not changed. Can you restore the scene you said again? If you can, I suggest you file a Support ticket.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @nandic 

In fact, I don't quite understand what you mean "when new product appears, it crashes all other colors, until i manually copy/paste same color code and republish it." . I tested it and everything seems normally . What is the new product you mentioned ? Has this happened to you before ? 

Ailsamsft_0-1651133086318.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Thank you for looking at this issue.
This issue comes with legend on chart.
Example, i have 3 products at the moment:
Product B = blue color
Product R = red color
Product Y = yellow color
Colors order is set in theme.
However, if today there is new product "Product A", it will get blue color and then "Product B" will be red..
We can't fix specific color to products. Even when i customize colors (hardcoded color code under formatting options), they are not fixed.

Best regards,
Nemanja A.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors