cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madinenv Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Report colors changing when published

I'm getting following message when i clicked on the link.

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

PowerTools Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Madinenv,

Questions:
1. Are you working on a Power BI trial (free) license?

2. Are you working on the online version or desktop?

Considerations:
1 - The Power BI free trial has limited options.

2 - The online version user control seem to be more limited than the desktop version.

Hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Not sure if this was an update - but colors can now be selected for specific levels in a chart and published version remains the same.
For example:
Visualizations/Paintbrush(editing tab):
Categor 1 Colors (Select desired colors)
Colors will change in visual.
Colors will remain the selected color when published Smiley Happy

[Using ZoomCharts]

harin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I do see similar issue when I publish the report. I have pie chart and clustered bar chart with multiple values, I manually edited the color in clustered bar chart to sync with pie chart. Once I deploy this report these changes are gone. This there any work around for this issue?

Frequent Visitor

Hi Harin,

I created a bar chart and pie chart from the same dataset and selected the colors.
When published it looked fine.

My thoughts:
1. If you could share more details I might be able to replicate your issue and see if there is a workaround.

2. Is the data for both charts coming from the same dataset? Different data sets? Do the datasets have a relationship?

CassieK Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I see this issue in my reports as well and I just use the defualt colour scheme. It is very frustrating when a manager comes to you asking why the colours in your reports are not consistent. I build them consistently in Power BI Desktop, but when I open them in the service they are different and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which ones change and which ones stay the same. I would love to know if this issue is going to be fixed by MS anytime soon.

Martin-Prague Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have now encoutered the color chaning as well! even though I have set the colors explicitly. I am using 2019 FEB version of PBI and publishing to Premium workspace. Sometime even the Workspace and APP is disalighned. Color problem2.JPG