cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madinenv Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Report colors changing when published

I'm getting following message when i clicked on the link.

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madinenv,

Questions:
1. Are you working on a Power BI trial (free) license?

2. Are you working on the online version or desktop?

Considerations:
1 - The Power BI free trial has limited options.

2 - The online version user control seem to be more limited than the desktop version.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this was an update - but colors can now be selected for specific levels in a chart and published version remains the same.
For example:
Visualizations/Paintbrush(editing tab):
Categor 1 Colors (Select desired colors)
Colors will change in visual.
Colors will remain the selected color when published Smiley Happy

[Using ZoomCharts]

harin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I do see similar issue when I publish the report. I have pie chart and clustered bar chart with multiple values, I manually edited the color in clustered bar chart to sync with pie chart. Once I deploy this report these changes are gone. This there any work around for this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harin,

I created a bar chart and pie chart from the same dataset and selected the colors.
When published it looked fine.

My thoughts:
1. If you could share more details I might be able to replicate your issue and see if there is a workaround.

2. Is the data for both charts coming from the same dataset? Different data sets? Do the datasets have a relationship?

CassieK Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I see this issue in my reports as well and I just use the defualt colour scheme. It is very frustrating when a manager comes to you asking why the colours in your reports are not consistent. I build them consistently in Power BI Desktop, but when I open them in the service they are different and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which ones change and which ones stay the same. I would love to know if this issue is going to be fixed by MS anytime soon.

Martin-Prague Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have now encoutered the color chaning as well! even though I have set the colors explicitly. I am using 2019 FEB version of PBI and publishing to Premium workspace. Sometime even the Workspace and APP is disalighned. Color problem2.JPG

smadati Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I see the same issue still and wonder when this issue will be fixed. I see this for pie charts and I try to change the colors again and re publish when i see the colors messed up in the web. It will be good if power bi can retain the colors based on the classification which we use for the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 116 members 1,195 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: