Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maijaandersson
Regular Visitor

Report background turns grey after publishing

I have a problem where report background turns grey after I publish the report to the Power BI service. This happened about an hour ago and the same problem is with two different reports. Third report that I have also published today looks fine. The report page background is set white with 0% transparency.

Report with grey background

The same report as seen in Power BI desktop:

Report in Power BI desktop

Any ideas what is causing this? I have tried saving and uploading the report again and tested multiple browsers, but the result remains the same. My colleague sees the report the same way as I do and the problem is with two different reports (both which I have modified and updated today).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I realised as well that the problem is with the theme I'm using. If I switched the theme back to default the grey background vanished. Really annoying though, I hope there'll be some kind of permanent fix to this problem!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem. Tried to use different Themes, use default theme, nothing worked.

Page background set to white but still after publishing it was grey.

After playing around with it I found the glitch - becuase i had background picture (small one - company logo in the corner) and transparency set to 95 % it automatically turned the background grey 😕 ..

so either transparency closest to 0% would make the background white, or will try to change the original background picture transparency to 95% and keep the page transparency to 0%

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also having this problem, caused by the custom theme which has been fine for the past couple of months.

Reverted to default themes on my reports fixed the issue straight away after refreshing each of them.

ArneRichards
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having the same issue. 

Are you using a theme? for me its picking the default colour in the theme and applying it to the background which infuritating results.

I am supposed to be presenting a report this afternoon and will have to use the desktop version which isn't ideal. 

ArneRichards
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting exactly the same thing. It looks like its taking the default colour in my theme and applying it to the background which is obviously wrong!

I'm presenting a dashboard this afternoon so will have to resort to using the desktop version.

Yes, I realised as well that the problem is with the theme I'm using. If I switched the theme back to default the grey background vanished. Really annoying though, I hope there'll be some kind of permanent fix to this problem!

I am also having this issue, except our background is going dark blue and hides data.  Is there a solution or do we just chuck out our themes?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors