Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgiokatr
Helper V
Helper V

Report audit log

Hello everyone. We have a report where user can select customer codes and see specific customer insights. Our company needs to know which user saw which customers. Is there any way to log this? For example me as user selected code 12455 and viewed this customer for example.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giorgiokatr ,

You can check the official document to know which type of activity logs will be recorded by 'audit log' feature: (As ibarrau said, current it does not support to check user view whose contents)

Use auditing within your organization#activities audited by power-bi 

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you extract user id and correspond dataset id from audit log, then you can use these parameters to invoke REST API to find out dataset id and its owner.

Reports - Get Report 

Datasets - Get Dataset 
After these steps, you can use extracted information and REST API result to build report to analytic user operation history.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giorgiokatr ,

You can check the official document to know which type of activity logs will be recorded by 'audit log' feature: (As ibarrau said, current it does not support to check user view whose contents)

Use auditing within your organization#activities audited by power-bi 

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you extract user id and correspond dataset id from audit log, then you can use these parameters to invoke REST API to find out dataset id and its owner.

Reports - Get Report 

Datasets - Get Dataset 
After these steps, you can use extracted information and REST API result to build report to analytic user operation history.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but no. The can export logs containing which user did an specific action in power bi like watch this report, share this dashboard, refresh this dataset, etc. You cannot know the interaction with the report, you can just know the user was using it.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors