Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narukkp
Helper V
Helper V

Report access from report another report without manual user access

Hi Team,

I have one existing report Version 1.0 and around 250 users accessing this report. Now we are introducing the new report version 2.0 and I need to give this report access to  all users (250) who are accessing by version 1.0. Is there a way to give access without entering the manually  giving the user access  ? Because In our organization we can not create the Groups ( Outlook Email groups) .

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Narukkp,

No easy way of doing it, I see 2 possible options that could take the hazzle of adding them to the new report.

1. Editing version 1 with a clearing warning that this report will be removed in said days and that user should click provided link (text with linked URL to the new report) to gain access. You should then receive an email from each person requesting access to the new report from following your link, a pain I know. This does provide you with the ability to only include people that are currently using the existing report and therefore clicking the link.

2. Call the new report version 1 and just overwite the old report, this will then mean you hold onto those 250 users. Not an ideal solution but a quick fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors